Sunday, August 5, 2012

Texas and Louisiana

Day 6 (yes I know I skipped some days, but on those days nothing fun happened so I'm just going to spare you the boring stuff :)) we went to Six Flags! It was super super hot, like 107 and a lot of the rides were breaking down, but it was still a lot of fun!! We went on the tallest roller coaster in Texas, it was like 25 stories high and I swear I almost blacked out. As it turns out I wasn't the only one, so that made me feel a little better, I had seriously thought there was something wrong with me haha. Didn't get any pictures :(

Yesterday (Day 7) we arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana!!!! :))) We got here at like 6 on a Saturday night, and things were already starting to get rowdy (our hotel is on the road that turns into Bourbon). Our valet told us that  we definitely needed to be in by like 10, so we hurried and found something to eat, but what an adventure. I kinda wish I had never seen the things I saw on Bourbon... lol scarred for life? Yeah, you could say that. There were strip clubs ALL over that street... and yeah I'll spare you the details. After seeing that we made sure we were in our hotel at 8 haha. I totally LOVE Jambalaya :) Po-Boys are really good too and so is Gumbo. Collard Greens are disgusting though. I just wanted to try them because I hear "collard greens" in a lot of southern movies.. but they are gross. Just so you know, that's the one thing I would NOT recommend to anyone. That night I slept like a baby though, and didn't really here the "party" going on outside. Now onto the interesting day: Day 8! At the beginning of the day we went on a tour to see all the cool houses, and the Lafayette Cemetery. 



It was pretty darn cool to see the graves above ground like this.
Would you call them tombs or catacombs??

A tomb especially for people who worked for the fire department 

Fancy house! I would totally live in a house like this one, I absolutely loved it

The fence around the house though, is ugly (yes, that is corn...) And it cost more than the house itself!!
Explain that one to me... it doesn't make any sense to me. 

amazing!!

This house is the type of house that Hope dreams of owning. The Plantation House :)

After our tour we met up with Hope's friend Tricia and her friend Danielle. We went all over the French Quarter with them and had a lot of fun :)

I love balconies! :))

Cool castle lookin' building 

Mardi Gras masks!!! :) I kept singing "Masquerade" from the Phantom of the Opera in my head
when I was trying on these masks :)

Don't we look fabulous??

totally should have bought one... but it would have gotten ruined on the rest of our journey

:D

no words ;)
Beignets!! like in Princess and the Frog! :D lol when I found out that we were going to
New Orleans, I told Hope that we had to eat "those donuts looking things like in
Princess and the Frog!"

This market was super cool! It had a ton of stuff in it, jewelry, food, clothes. We tried Alligator :D

Mardi Gras Indian! (I think he was a little drunk..) Oh and those things we're eating are called Snow
Balls.. Kinda like a snow cone but better :)

All of us in front of a statue of Louis Armstrong

Loved the music :)

there were these statue people ALL over the place. They would hold super still and have
 a tip jar placed in front of them.

2 comments:

The two old crows said...

How fun!!!! Love all your pictures, especially the one with Tayler with the t-shirt.hehe

Tina said...

What an adventure!! So glad you are sharing it with us!