Thursday, August 9, 2012

Universal Studios and Disney World!

We're in Florida!!!! Destin, FL was our first pit-stop to see Hope's military widow friend Michelle. Stayed there for a few hours then headed off to Clearwater Beach :) The sad was super white and FULL of shells. I went to chose one to take home with me and had like major issues choosing just one. I'm used to Oregon beaches where if you find a whole shell, it's a miracle haha. 
It was super bright, that's why Tayler's face is all scrunched up haha

There were a ton of decorated Dolphins along the road on the way out
Next stop: Orlando Disney Resorts! So we're staying in the Caribbean Beach: Aruba resort and it's pretty cool :) Inside our room it's a Finding Nemo theme (don't know why I haven't taken a picture? lol) and we kinda quote it a lot :)

Welcome to Aruba :)
The next day we were off to Universal Studios. We were pretty darn excited, especially for the new Harry Potter ride (which was mind blowing ;) ).

I love how they go all out in the building decor

Green eggs and ham anyone?? I used to think that sounded  so gross until I was
old enough to think that maybe it's just food coloring haha :)

Hogsmeade

Hogwarts Express

Hogwarts castle!!! The line for the ride that goes through the castle was like 90 minutes long
but so worth it :)

Hope getting some Henna 

Finished product :) btw: notice the tan difference from her hand to her leg?? :P

I Love Lucy

Yeah I realize this should have been the first picture for Universal Studios...
Today we went to Disney World: Magic Kingdom. Apparently there are 4 different parks within Disney World and Magic Kingdom is a lot like Disneyland... so we went to that one first.

Our shirts we got from Universal Studios! (we also got a "Father of All Things" for my dad)

Disney Castle :)

Pirates of the Caribbean was pretty cool :)

I totally love Buzz Lightyear!! 
Towards the end of the day it started raining big time! I think it rained like two inches at least for like 1 1/2 or 2 hours. We seriously had to wade through mid-calf deep water in some places! Once again... the Oregon weather is following me haha. At least we got awesome lightning and thunder :) I wish Oregon had lightning and thunder storms like these, instead the thunder in OR just sounds like someone rolling their garbage can out to the curb.. :/ 
Cute little duck enjoying the flooding gutter thing 

3 comments:

The two old crows said...

Going to the Harry Potter makes me feel like I would like to be younger and go see it.

Rachel Mcgee said...

Jealous! :)

Tina said...

Looks like you are having a fabulous time!