Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde

Okay so in this post I'm covering Day 2 and Day 3 of our trip :) So after the Hoover Dam, we drove for like forever to get to the Grand Canyon at midnight. We stayed at the Yavapai Lodge and it was pretty nice! That morning we shuttled around to the view points. I think the first thing we all said when we saw the Grand Canyon was "Wow!" haha :) It is seriously amazing!! 

See? Beautiful!

I'm seriously at a loss of what to say right now..there's just no words to describe it :)



See those dark clouds? Yeah.. they rained on us.. and I thought
we had left the Oregon weather behind

Hope, Tayler and I :)

Apparently I was "breaking the rules" when I went out on this ledge, but
I wanted a better view of how high up we were! :)
 Day 3! So in between the Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde, Hope's car over heated so we had to pull over and let it cool off. While we were pulled over, two guys tried to pick my mom and my sister up! It was extremely creepy... they came over to "help out" and see if we needed any "assistance"... luckily they just went away eventually. New experiences every day right? haha. We were also gonna go and see the 4 Corner's but we got there too late :( I guess that helped us get to our hotel in Cortez, Colorado before midnight!
The next morning we headed over to Mesa Verde. Super cool! They are called "cliff dwellings" and they were built by Indians (a.k.a Ancestral Puebloans). We went to the Balcony House and Cliff Palace.

Ladder up to the Balcony House

Going through the narrow crack to get to the house.

Balcony House :)


Kiva, this is like a church to the Puebloans. This is where they go
to do their rain dances and stuff 
Climbing through a super narrow tunnel!
I found a lizard!! :))

Cliff Palace: Amazing!
Tayler, Hope and I at Cliff Palace

Super cool ring I got at the gift store :)
We're going to a Cultural Center tonight to see some Indian dances, so I'll update this post with those pictures later :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. You're adding all sorts of things to my list of places I want to see. As beautiful as your grand canyon pictures are, I am sure it is 100 times cooler in person. Lucky you!

Tina said...

I love, love, loved Mesa Verde! So glad you got to go there. It is totally amazing isn't it?