Friday, January 16, 2009

Maya

In school I'm learning about the Mayans. I have to do a big project on "A day in the life of a...." and I'm doing a Mayan Warrior. We had the choice of doing Aztec,Inca and Maya. Doing this project helped me learn about the cenotes(on the sidebar of my blog). I really really really want to go to the Yucatan Peninsula and see the Mayan ruins.
I think it would be really cool to climb to the top of one of these buildings and look out around myself. So all I have to do now is make a bunch of money and then my mom will take me. That might take a while.=)




6 comments:

Tina said...

Very Cool!!! When our family went on our cruise we went the the Yukatan Peninsula, we didn't see the ruins you have on your blog, but we went to Talum to see the mayan ruins there. It was pretty cool. . . I also picked up a Mayan Nativity scene. I hope you will be able to visit the places you studied, it really makes them come alive for you!

young family said...

Well hurry up and make some money, I want to go play :)

Rachel said...

Sounds like a fun project. And that would be a really cool place to visit. I guess you better get making some money! :)

The two old crows said...

Grandpa and I went to the ruins near cancun. We loved it and have always wanted to go back. I can't remember how to spell the place we went.

King Family said...

The ruins we went and saw were really neat. That will be a trip well worth saving for.

Grandpa Sid said...

Well Emma,
I climbed to the top of the pyramid at Chichanitza. There was a circle of hippies standing in a circle holding hands and humming aaaaaammmmeeeennnnn over and over, with their eyes shut.

The steps were so steep that when I started down I had visions of falling and ending up in the hospital, so I went down forward with on all fours in a semi seated position.

People looked at me and thought I was nuts or chicken or something. I looked right back and thought "I ain't stupid,fool. You go to the Hospital, not me!"

I loved that place, it was totally awesome.

You will have to take me with you when you go, if I'm not too old. OK? OK!

Love You
Grandpa