Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Pregnancy and Blake's birth

I found out I was pregnant on February 2nd, the day before heading to Utah for a month! I hadn't had any symptoms yet, I just felt like I should take a test, so I did. Isaac and I were so happy!! We had been trying to get pregnant for a few months, and were so excited that the time had come! 
I told my mom right away, but waited a week or two to tell my sister's. Hope was about to have her baby and Jackie was pregnant as well, so for a few weeks all 3 of us were pregnant at the same time!! 

Our first ultrasound was on March 18th, and we could see his little heart beating! I remember thinking that it still didn't really feel real, like I wasn't really pregnant. That soon changed when I felt him move for the first time around 16 weeks, and felt him everyday after that. He was a mover, no doubt about it! 

I never got to take my 39 week picture because little Blake decided to make an appearance!

My contractions started on Saturday, October 5th around 1:30 p.m. but didn't get painful until 3:00 a.m. on October 6th. We had gone into the hospital on Saturday because my contractions had been going every 5 minutes for more than an hour, but I was only dilated to a 2. When we went in on Sunday morning I was still only dilated to like a 3 but because my contractions were so frequent and so painful, they admitted me and I got the epidural put in within the next hour or so, thank goodness!! By noon I was feeling the need to push after they broke my water around 10 or 11 to place a heart rate monitor on Blake's head (at which point I had only been a 4) so I got to a 10 pretty fast! By 1 ish I was pushing and by 2:23 p.m. he was here! 


No comments: