Friday, September 19, 2008

Say, say oh playmate!

Today after school my friend Shelby is coming over! We always come up with wacky things to do. She's never played Guitar Hero so we'll probably play some of that and then I have no clue what we're going to be playing. Shelby has only come over to my house once before this and it was last year!Hopefully she will come over more this year!
Say say oh playmate
come out and play with me,
and bring your dollies 3
climb up me apple tree,
slide down my rainbow
into my cellar door and
we'll be jolly friends
forever more more shut the door.
My mom says she sang in differently. Instead of rainbow she said rain barrel but i think rainbow sounds better. What about you?

7 comments:

Ceci said...

I sang rain barrel too. Soooo I must say I like it better. I can remember Grandpa singing that song all the time when we were little. Aunt Trudy

Grandpa Sid said...

I learned it this way:
http://ingeb.org/songs/idontwan.html

Refrain:
I don't want to play in your yard,
I don't like you anymore,
You'll be sorry when you see me,
Sliding down our cellar door,
You can't holler down our rainbarrel,
You can't climb our apple tree,
I don't want to play in your yard,
If you won't be good to me.

Grandpa Sid said...

watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RKTqN1GAzQ

young family said...

To bad she didn't make it, maybe next week. I'm glad you had fun with your other friend though.

Jackie said...

I used to sing that song all of the time too, and i used to know the hand game

happy mom said...

wow I haven't thought about that is so long, I am glad that you have documented it! it is rain barrel, but rainbow actually makes more sense.

wow, you haven't had your friend over for a year! that is crazy!

How are you? I just wanted so say hello, and say that I love you!

Rachel said...

I'm a little slow at commenting on this, but I also knew it as rainbow. How in the world does someone slide down a rain barrel? :)