Sunday, October 1, 2017

Summer 2017

This summer, Isaac and I were pretty lazy! It was so great! He only had to work on the weekends, and I didn't work at all, so we were able to relax and enjoy being out of school for 2 months before it started back up again. 
At the very beginning of the summer I went on my first solo road trip to Nevada for my cousin Kara's wedding. 5 hours is a long time to be in the car by yourself! I'm glad I went though, as I got to spend time with my family and enjoy Kara's beautiful wedding, which I for some reason didn't take any pictures of haha. 

Isaac and I also went on a few hikes this summer! Once to Mesa Falls, which is north of Rexburg, and is so beautiful! Everyone we have met here in Rexburg that is from Oregon says that Mesa Falls is the most Oregonian place in Idaho. And I would have to agree! (With the small portion of Idaho that I have seen anyways.) It was beautiful, not quite enough to trick me into thinking it was Oregon, but darn close! 

After a short little walk we got to the (lower? or upper? haha I don't know) Mesa Falls!
I was a little disappointed at first that we were so high up, but we found a
way down, which was very steep, and kinda scary! But so worth it. 



We were like 2 feet away! It was very misty and beautiful, and made me happy
I risked falling down the steep decline we made to see it :) 
We also hiked up "R" Mountain, or the Menan Butte as it's formally called. I am so out of shape apparently, because I was huffing and puffing up this sandy mountain trail haha!  
We found the R!

It's a little too faded to see with clarity in the picture, but this is the
long straight part of the R. 



Such a great view! Nice and cloudy, just the way I like it. It rained on us a little
on the way down. 


Perhaps the coolest thing that happened this summer was the Great American Eclipse! And Rexburg was luckily right in the path of totality, so we got to see the whole thing!

So hard to take a selfie when you can't see squat haha!
My cousin Zane even came up from Logan to watch it with us which was fun! I hadn't seen him for way too long!



Getting pretty excited! 
My sisters and mom and a group text going on during the eclipse which was fun because the eclipse happened at different times for each of us. I think it happened at 11:33 and lasted for 2 minutes! I can't believe how cold it got, and the "sunset" we got was so beautiful! 




Isaac and I also made a trip down to Utah at the beginning of September for Isaac's grandpa's funeral. He had been diagnosed with leukemia back in December right before we had gotten married, so we were expecting it to happen, and are glad he is in a better place now. We went down to Utah on Wednesday and spent the night at my sister Jackie's house, and then Thursday evening went to Isaac's grandpa's house and spent the night there.

Isaac's grandpa has the most interesting house built right into the side of the mountain in Provo. 

Huge pumpkin growing!

Beautiful view from the house!
The funeral was on Friday, and I met so many of Isaac's family, I think I was a little overwhelmed haha! But it was so great to see so many of them and for Isaac to be able to say goodbye to his grandpa. Isaac had work that night, so after the funeral we left back home for Rexburg and got back just in time for him to go to work. 

School has started back up again and we are crazy busy all the time!

 This week on Thursday, my mom and brother, Tayler, came and spent the night on their way to Tayler's mission reunion. It was so fun to spend a little bit of time with them! We went for a walk, and went to this HUGE craft store in Rexburg so I could make my Christmas ornaments for this year's family exchange, and just enjoyed each others company. 

I'm so grateful I've been able to spend so much time with family this year, it has definitely made this first year away from them all a little easier! 

No comments: